Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRegister

Guild Purpose

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerowyn
Guild Founder
Guild Founder
Kerowyn

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: ????
Production Mastery: 1

Guild Purpose Empty
PostSubject: Guild Purpose   Guild Purpose Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 am

Hi! If you're here, you're probably wondering why Craftsmen was created. I can't speak for everyone, but as guild founder, I'd say our “raison d'être” as Shou puts it, is to bring together people who are interested in mabinogi life skills so that we can help each other improve as we “work” and play together.

I say “work” but I play a blacksmith because I think it’s crazy fun to make something useful in-game (when I’m not annoyed by the cost or time required for materials). That said, you might wonder, “Why bother with life skills at all?

Here's why-->Benefits of Life Skills:

1. Have Fun - Play your favorite music (alone or w/ friends); make bigger, more restful campfires; take a fishing trip; take pride in a product you make

2. Be Self-sufficient - Make your own clothes, weapons, tools, potions, etc.

3. Make Money - Gather and sell ore, ingots, wool, thread, herbs, food/drinks, music scrolls, etc.

4. Boost Dexterity (Dex) - Although not all life skills add dex, most do. Mabinogiworld Wiki has this to say about dex:

"Dexterity (Dex) adds a damage bonus to Ranged attacks, affects Balance and Wound rate, as well as the success rate of production skills."

Warning: Raising dex makes it more difficult to fail and since refining requires fails after rack C, you’ll have a hard time ranking it. If you do plan to rank refine, keep your dex down as much as you can, though there are ways to lower some dex.

5. Play Magic Music - Rank 9 music skills (playing, composing, and music knowledge) allow you to play music that magically causes a boost in stats, status effects, or healing. And as you progress in music, other music skills become available that boost party members (attack, def, recovery, gathering, speed).

FYI: Rank Production Mastery to increase the success rate of gathering and making items. Production Mastery also adds stamina, which is useful in combat as well as production.

If anyone else thinks of more, feel free to add to this list.

Remember, it's easy to get frustrated sometimes when it takes forever to rank up a skill, but it helps to talk it over with others that have been there. And remember to have fun with what you do in game. The process should be as rewarding as the final product. Wink
Back to top Go down

Guild Purpose
Page 1 of 1