Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRegister

All About You

Go down 
+3
arhasza
xNeve
Kerowyn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerowyn
Guild Founder
Guild Founder
Kerowyn

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: ????
Production Mastery: 1

All About You Empty
PostSubject: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:35 am

Hi! What's your name? (Or what do you want to be called in or out of the game?)

Why did you start playing mabi?

What are your in-game goals?

What do you like to do in-game?

What other interest/hobbies do you have?

Feel free to add other threads with questions that will help us get to know each other. The more comfortable we are with each other, the more enjoyable the game will be and it will be easier to communicate and help each other.

For myself, I started playing mabi in May of 2008. My in-game goals are to learn lots of life skills and eventually to get to r1 blacksmith. In game, I like to do metallurgy, refine, smith, play muisic... Basically, I'll have fun if it's life skills. Outside of the game, I enjoy reading, watching anime, and occasionally picking up a real musical instrument.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Okay, adding to this post to answer additional questions brought up by Marz:

1. What combat styles do you use?

I primarily use archery when fighting. When archery is ineffective I'll switch to melee (dual wielded broadswords I smithed myself). Although I'm not great at melee combat, I can usually take care of myself enough. But if I think I can get away with slacking in a dungeon I will use bard skills.

2. What are you currently interested in skill wise?

(I thought skill interests were covered earlier?) But if I had to narrow it down... blacksmithing and bard skills. My current rebirth is a bard though, so I'll be stockpiling supplies for when I return to smithing next rebirth.

3. What kind of music do you listen to and what is your favorite song?

I like most music that is NOT rap, reggaeton, and tejano. Don't have one fav song, but here are my top three fav songs right now: "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" by Eluveitie, "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" by Florence and the Machine, and "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" by Roxette. HOWEVER my favorite type of music is actually ambient/trance.

Last edited by Kerowyn on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

All About You Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 am

What's my name?

My name is Chris, most have called me Shou, some just Zeraf (last name for my character).

Why did I start playing Mabinogi?

After playing several different MMOs throughout the years - Ragnarok Online, Maple Story . o O (*hisssss*), Wonderland Online, Phantasy Star . o O (Online... enough with the online!), Asda Story - I got bored of the usual "go out and collect X amount of objects". There wasn't much story to these games, so I gave Mabinogi a try. It has a plot, more then the other games that I've played . o O (Except maybe Guild Wars). Since joining Mabi, it's been fun watching the story unfold.

What are my in-game goals?

I don't care for PVP or fighting the enemy that much, I'm there to make friends and try and help out as best as I can - But I also want to be able to get my skills up to where I can assist without getting in someone's way... Everyone should be able to enjoy the game without feeling rushed - It is just a game, after all.

Beyond that, I intend to become a "Summoner" class of sorts within Mabinogi. Golems are one such creatures that can be summoned, but so can pets. Some of you have met Razputin, my brown fox.

I also would like to be able to equip new recruits with decent gear while working with the more season players to create gear of their calibur - one of the reasons my Refining is r5 and why my Metal Conversion is rA. Blacksmithing has yet to be ranked.

What do I like to do in-game?

Between spending time with guildies and working towards my own ends, there's not much else that I'd rather be doing. I do tend to procrastinate within the game, but it is a game and there is always time to play.

What are my other hobbies & interests?

I have several gaming consoles that go untouched, but generally I like to play games that are on the PC and mod-able or that have a plot and crafting skills (hence, Mabinogi). I have Steam, but since I've modded Fallout 3 heavily, I haven't needed to use Steam in a long time. I practice art when I can, I enjoy writing occasionally, and I have a large collection of books which I read, the largest book being the collection of works from Edgar Allan Poe.

You won't get much more out of a nutshell about me then that, folks.
Back to top Go down
xNeve
a New Soul
a New Soul
xNeve

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: 900
Production Mastery: 9

All About You Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 am

->Hello, i'm new and you can call me Haru.

->I tried to start playing when I saw the BT, I applied but did not make it in No, so i didnt come around until after g2 came out i believe.
DKs still werent in I believe. The game looked so interesting and different from other MMOs i had played at the time Very Happy

->My goals used to be to become a Royal Alchemist, but i soon found it overrated Wink So now I want to be a ranger and have good life skills to be self-sufficient Very Happy

->In-game I like to always be doing something. i do not enjoy standing around much. So i'm always spamming commerce or trying to get mats for life skills, dungeons too.

->My other hobbies would be playing different MMOs and Playing guitar I suppose. I used to be in a band but now I just play to myself for fun Very Happy

Other than play mabi i'm basically a NEET right now, so yeah >.<
Back to top Go down
arhasza
a New Soul
a New Soul
arhasza

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: 132

All About You Empty
PostSubject: <insert title here>   All About You Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:59 pm

What's your name? (Or what do you want to be called in or out of the game?)
In-game, I am called arhasza (pronounced arHAza). Out-of-game...my name is secret Smile

A friend of mine had good things to say about it, and it was pretty. I finally got bored enough to try it out a couple months ago, and have been hooked since.

To be the cutest I can. Secondarily, to craft everything I use and wear. Tertiarily (ooh, fancy word!)...I'm a level-up fanatic Embarassed

EDIT (2014-04-10): Current short-term goals include aiming for Grandmaster Apothecary, though I'm a ways off still. I'd also like to get my Production Mastery rank 1 perfect trained (purely because it would be cool), which means I have Handcraft, Tailoring, and Blacksmithing in my future.

Beating the crap out of things is fun. Attaining achievements. Farming like it's 1699. Doing Generation quests.

Like I said, I am a level-up fanatic, which, to clarify, means it is tremendously satisfying when I manage to increase my level in something, whether it be gaining a title, leveling up, ranking up a skill, or getting a better merchant rating. I think it's the sense of quantifiable success...though it may just be my OCD Razz

I enjoy programming a lot, also really enjoy sewing. If anyone knows a girl that has a 22" waist (probably, like, 12 years old I guess?) and would like a nice pleated skirt, let me know - I screwed up an Azumanga Daioh winter uniform skirt a while back and would like to eventually have it be used.

Probably the biggest hobby I have, however, is anime and manga. I have a TON of anime merchandise, including wall scrolls, figurines, character CDs, OSTs, and, of course, the shows themselves. I don't know how many shows I've watched, but it's gotta be a pretty high number. The genres of anime I like are generally school life, slice of life, romance, comedy, psycho-horror, and harem. Shows I like a lot include ToraDora!, Lucky Star, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Bakemonogatari, Shakugan no Shana, K-ON!, Mirai Nikki, Hayate no Gotoku, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I am starting to learn Japanese, and plan to live in Japan for at least a year soon.

I'm really jazzed to be in a guild specifically for crafting, and look forward to meeting you all!

Last edited by arhasza on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : return of the zombie-geddon)
Back to top Go down
Felitra
Guild Founder Kero's Wife

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: 1

All About You Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Eeeeek - just realised I never actually wrote in here.... (I am now suffering from smacked legs by "her indoors"... so will hasten to put pen to paper/fingers to keyboard....

Therefore, with no fanfare... (I know.. i know -SO uinlike me), I shall furnish you all with answers to those utterly pressing questions....

What's your name? (Or what do you want to be called in or out of the game?)
Fel.... or many many variations of it. I have been Fel online for the past 10 years or so *basically since I discovered online was online and you needed a "name". You may have noticed (for those observant types who actually care... so All my characters start with Fel then...the human is itra, elf - itee and giant - itron

I was a long term player in Puzzle Pirates (8 years), met Marzyx there and he eventually persuaded me to come over the wall and try mabi. I have to say - learning mabi from him without having ever seen the game and him telling me things like.. "You carry a cylinder and load it with crystals then kill monsters" and "you can be a giant, elf or human - they all have their advantages" and "you can be a mage, an alchemist, a warrior or you can do commerce".... to a girl who had fired cannons at ships and liked to show off pretty dresses, was.. a challenge lol. So - i thought I would give it a go.
I arrived in April 2012 - probably in Tir - although all i remember is being thrown on a back of a horse and driven down long dark winding roads with things waiting to attack me at their earliest convenience. How proud I was to kill my first white spider!!!!! Bless. IT has to be said - I dont think I would have stayed withouot Marzyx to drag me around - I wasnt that invested in the concept of a new (for me) game... especially one that didnt have the puzzle games i enjoyed - but.. I persevered - or rather he did. and thus... I stayed!
It has to be said - he wouldnt even let me apply to Craftsmen until I was Prod r9... (yes Kero - I thought it was a "Rule" - you can smack HIS legs now)

erm erm... did I have to have some? Have fun, make friends, put enough money in the bank that i can repair everything i need to repair and play as hard as i do. Finally get thru the generations (EXCEPT g3.... cos I seem to have screwed that up a bit). Slowly knock off the journal entries, rank stuff, build up a bank of AP like Cran's and Kero's!!!!! I dont know - I just enjoy the game and enjoy stretching myself and finding out that I am no longer a short horned gnu... they are now "Weak" to me... so... now I find out the next monster who is equivalent to me and I giggle at the idea of white spiders being strong....

Fightin' n' herbin' lolol sorry - I know I sound like some strange wild west villain....
Ok - so seriously....
First - the people. I enjoy being in a lively guild (even when it is quiet - I know some of you are just being lively elsewhere Razz)
I enjoy dungeon running - although not alone. I DO suffer from lag (I AM the Brit - based in UK - so I have to suffer a little more than the rest of you) - so I tend to need someone else about (to res me if nothing else!!)
I enjoy being independant (ignore previous comment about being resed in a dungeon) - so I make my own potions and stuff - which also gives me cash.

People Smile, reading all sorts, music.. all sorts... I sing, I entertain, movies.. all sorts (not a big horror fan).

Mostly I like life - and I like my life... even when it gets hairy - it is still exciting... I seem to relish excitement (although Cran would call me overly dramatic I feel...)

I like helping too - so.. if I can, I will - just ask - shout... pm.... whisper... come talk to me - I dont bite Smile

hope that gives you an insight.. althought the best insight to me is get to know me ingame.

Back to top Go down
Bubba
the Skilled
the Skilled
Bubba

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: 1696/488
Production Mastery: r1

All About You Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:24 am

I go by Choco, or Bubba, or Matt. Any of those will get my attention, though I think I prefer Choco.

Probably because I saw Nao in the advertisements numerous times, it just kind of pulled me in. I finally decided to watch a trailer to see if it was something I'd actually enjoy instead of a pretty face on a crappy game. (X-Blades, I'm look at you)

I wanna be the very best Milletian that there was. To kill fomors is my true test, to rank skills is my cause. I will travel across Uladh, searching far and wide. Each rebirth to understand, the power that's inside.

I mostly fight (as a Spellsword) and act as the neighborhood spoony bard.

I like anime and manga, but I won't text wall with specifics, and I like to tweak, modify, and customize everything. If i can't change it I don't want it. (you know who you are iPhones). I'm currently attempting to learn Japanese, though it is going rather slowly, and I've started playing around with Ren'Py, which is a visual novel engine built in python. Oh, and I'm a gamer, for just about every system and every genre.
Back to top Go down
Sylmarinn
a New Soul
a New Soul

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: 235
Production Mastery: 8

All About You Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 am

My Name is Rafael, in-game is Sylmarinn, Syl is good to me.

After a bad experience in a Ragnarok server a friend called me to try mabinogi. i gave it a chance and know it's the Best MMORPG to me.

Reach R1 Blacksmith and finish all the Mainstreams quests.

Mine, Smithing, like stuff, chat, actually a lot of things.

I love roleplay, animes, games, music... And i hope the game help me learning english.

I'm not pretty good in english so i can't express myself as i want, so this is a big problem here... plus I'm timid... *blushing*
Back to top Go down
Marzyx
the Apprentice
the Apprentice
Marzyx

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: ????

All About You Empty
PostSubject: RE: All About You   All About You Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm

What's your name?
Call me Marz. Unless I tell you my real name. And even then dont call me my real name in game unless its private.

I cant barely even remember... Played this a little right after it first came out (coming from Maplestory, and Runescape right before that, it looked interesting enough), Couldnt understand the combat system well enough to enjoy it, and dropped it for a year. Picked it up again then and have been playing it since at that point i finally understood it enough. Been off and on ever since for various reasons.

Master carpentry, r1 smithing, get dark knight. Almost 2/3 now.

Depends on what i'm in the mood for that day. Could be making hundreds of tree orphans, could be hunting things, could be just talkin to folks.

Manga. Food. Music. Meditation. Other stuff that doesnt come to mind,

And 3 questions id like to add. To help me and others out in case we come across something one of us may have a use for, and one just because.

What combat styles do you use?
I use melee (lances or knuckles, unless something needs to feel the pain of dualweld beam swords), magic (lightning is my specialty), alchemy (ego cylinder. Clay specialty and I do a fair bit of transmutation).

What are you currently interested in skill wise?
Carpentry and transmutation alchemy. If you dont want it, send it at me for fragging or synthesis.

What kind of music do you listen to and what is your favorite song?
I go back and forth between rock and trip-hop (if you havent heard of it, think of the theme for the tv show House M.D., or look up portishead or massive attack on youtube). Favorite song is Right in Two - Tool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All About You Empty
PostSubject: Re: All About You   All About You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All About You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Guild Hall :: Introductions-
Jump to: