Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRegister

True Archery Training

Go down 

was this helpful?
yes
True Archery Training Barlef1050%True Archery Training Barrig10
 50% [ 1 ]
no (if selected please make a post explaining why)
True Archery Training Barlef1050%True Archery Training Barrig10
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Sunobozou
the Legendary
the Legendary
Sunobozou

Life Skill Stats
Total Level: 5XX
Production Mastery: 1

True Archery Training Empty
PostSubject: True Archery Training   True Archery Training Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:57 am

This is for the die hards , the beginners, or the ones who just want to learn to use the bow and not die. I have seen many ppl suggest getting AR (arrow revolver) then spam it and that is there advice for archery tactics -.-. this is for those of use who can not afford (either gold wise or lvl wise) to get it in a mater of days. i also disapprove of ppl using archery for PvP only. for this guild being mainly ppl of dex based skills is the reason i am making this post, the most logical and most powerful weapon you could possibly wield would be a bow. of course giants can not use a bow. the following tactics are mainly for human archers but elves can use some of the tactics. NOTE: THESE TACTICS DO NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, ARROW REVOLVER, MIRAGE MISSILE, OR FINAL SHOT.

the first on the list is the simplest tactic and is great against enemies with NS (natural shield, the bane of all archers) and very poor internet connections.

Magnum Shot counter or magnum spam (whichever is the most suitable for the situation. CAUTION: uses a lot of stam)

this is just as it sounds use magnum shot then counter or fire magnum shot repeatedly.

the next one is really good for poor internet connections.

Normal shot counter

pretty basic and simple as well just shoot a normal shot then counter once u see the impact or right after releasing if you are lagging and can not confirm impact. you can start loading normal shot while in the animation of counterattack for your next shot.

the third tactic is a more advanced one but can be used with a poor internet connection but the range will be determined by the amount of lag.

Magnum Shot, Norm, Counter, Norm, Norm, Counter

it sounds difficult because it is. the idea is to get the first shot of then "bounce" them followed by a stopping arrow to buy you enough time to load counter. (bouncing an enemy is when u shoot them right after knocking them back or down) after wards you can resume the modified norm counter tactic whereas using magnum will be too dangerous after the initial attack unless the enemy uses defense but be careful as magnum shot will NOT knock down an enemy with a shield in defense.

the last for now is good against multiple enemies but does not guarantee survival.

windmill norm (mag shot can be substituted if needed. recommended r9 WM)

WM for the multiple enemies and you can load normal shot during the animation of WM. do not use unless you are being multi aggrod as you do lose % each time WM is used.

This video has alot of the tactics listed and plus a few. it also shows magic counter for those who do not know what it is.
however there are alot of tactics i do not recomend you try if you have lag issues like using defense. at 6:00 mark it shows a good way of dealing with multi aggro by mistake. focus on one target or attack the closer threat.

If u have suggestions or questions please feel free to ask here or in game my character names are Sunobozou and Omen781.

please let me know if you are having trouble understanding i want everyone to have at least a basic knowledge of archery as it can be difficult to solo. (that and there are to few true archers left in the game)

Last edited by Sunobozou on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nemo187
Sunobozou
the Legendary
the Legendary
Sunobozou

Life Skill Stats

PostSubject: Re: True Archery Training   True Archery Training Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:03 pm

40+ views one vote and no replies..... y do i get the feeling no one finds it useful, if so y not say something so i can perhaps better explain it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Archery Training   True Archery Training Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 am

While tactics look good as words and on paper, I find they usually tend to glaze over the eyes of newbies and some veterans alike.

Your method, while good for those who understand your methods, tend to leave novices scratching their heads. My eyes kind of glazed over as well. If you could provide some visual demonstrations of the tactics, the entire thing might actually get across the idea you want to communicate. This way, people can learn the technique visually, attach the wording to the images and replicate the results with a higher degree of success then for those that just get it from the wording.

You'd also reach a broader group of people from the get-go, and I would also refrain from referencing tactics that a beginner might not know - such as Ice Counter - without some proper background information. I understand what you mean by Fire Counter or Ice Counter means, but someone completely new to the game has no prior experience of this, and hence, wouldn't understand.

This is my opinion - I give you this not to offend but to help you with constructive criticism and hope that it helps you help us all.

- Shoujin
Back to top Go down
Sunobozou
the Legendary
the Legendary
Sunobozou

Life Skill Stats

PostSubject: Re: True Archery Training   True Archery Training Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Thank you for the input that is what I was looking for so I can make this usable by all. I will see if i can find videos that are relavent to the skills but keep in mind it will not be me in the videos as i do not have a good form of making them atm, I will try to make my own later when i have the ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Archery Training   True Archery Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Archery Training
Page 1 of 1